This is a real simple sauce, a fundament from where many dishes can be made. Its citrusy explosion is a wonderful compliment to seafood and noodle sallads.
- Batak Pepper
- Fresh Chili
- Lime juice
- Vegetable broth (liquid)
- Vinegar (rice)
- Sesame Oil (dark roast)
- Lime Leaf
- Neutral Oil
- Optional: Galangal, Fish Sauce, Yuzo Juice
- Add onion, garlic, chili, lemongrass, Batak Pepper and turmeric to a food processor, mortar or chop finely.
- Heat oil real hot in pan.
- Add paste/chopped ingredients. Let fry for 3-4 minutes while constantly stirring.
- Add some whole Batak Pepper, then vegetable broth, then vinegar and lime juice. Add lime leaf. Turn down heat. Let it zimmer while the flavors fuse.
- Add sesame oil. Taste.
Let cool down and add to a container. Store in the fridge.