In Chengdu we tried one of the best tofu dishes to date. Here is our version of the famous MaLa Street tofu.
- 6 thick slices of hard tofu. Around 2-3cm thick.
- ½ – 1 tabelspoons of Ma La spice blend
- Canola oil or peanut oil
- 2 finely chopped spring onion or chives
- Roasted sesame seeds
- Heat up some oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add the slices of tofu and coat them with oil.
- Sprinkle on the Ma La spice until you get an even coating.
- Fry for around 5 minutes then carefully rearrange so all the sides get some heat.
- Fry for around 5 minutes longer.
- Garnish with some spring onion and sesame seeds. Ready to eat as it is or with rice!