We ate green beans everywhere we went in Sri Lanka. It always ended up on the table. And we just loved them!
The diagonal cuts let more flavor in to the beans, adding spices before evenly coated and slightly marinated them and the coconut milk really added a creamy rich flavor. Try it out!
A bag of Green Beans
A couple of chopped garlic cloves
Piece of smashed and chopped ginger
A tablespoon of Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon Polowaththa Curry Blend
1 teaspoon of Kandy Turmeric
Salt as you prefer
A pinch of chili powder
Fresh chili (sliced diagonally)
A pinch of Kandy Black Pepper
2-3 finely sliced shallots
A spoon of dried Kandy Curry Leaves
A cup of Coconut Milk
1. Chop green beans diagonally in 4-5 cm pieces.
2. Add turmeric powder, chili powder and salt to green beans. Mix together and set aside.
3. Heat up coconut oil with curry blend and curry leaves. Add shallots, garlic, ginger and fresh chili. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
4. Put in the chopped green beans. Stir fry for a couple of minutes. Then add coconut milk.
5. Let simmer. Taste. Add extra salt, chili or curry powder if you want more flavor.